Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What Makes Successful People Special?

By Annette Phillips

I am successful. You can be successful. I can do anything I want to do and anything I can dream of. You can do anything you want to do and anything you dream of. Now that being said, not everyone is cut out to work from home successfully. You can do it just like I do, but you have to want it more each day and you have to stick to it like gum sticks to the bottom of your shoe! Never let go of your dream to be at home and to succeed.

Sometimes getting to success is painful. It requires change at some point. The phrase, "If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten," is very true. If you are not successful doing what you are currently doing then change is necessary and that may require some reflection on yourself and you may discover some painful truths. If you are strong enough to handle what comes from looking closely at yourself you will be successful!

Never imagine that you have arrived. You should be constantly changing and growing. What worked for you last year may not work this year, and what works for you today may not even work tomorrow. Be learning and growing daily. If someone asks you what you are currently reading or studying you should be able to share with confidence your latest find.

Habits are very powerful factors in our success. Maybe you procrastinate, or are critical of others. If you have habits that are not helping you toward success it is time to change them! Pick one habit and start with that one. For 30 days, focus on changing that one habit to a habit that will be productive and lead you toward success. You can develop new habits that will launch you toward your goals. You are not stuck just because this is the way you have always done things. If you want new results you need to take new actions.

To be truly successful you will also have to be productive. If you are working from home but spending much of your day surfing the internet or on the phone talking about working rather than working you are not being productive. You may feel like you spent your day working, but unless you are getting results from your actions, those actions are wasted.

This is not meant to be discouraging, but simply to point out that you can be just as successful as anyone else, but you have to be willing to do what they did to get there. So the questions to ask yourself are: "Am I willing to do whatever it takes to be successful, even if it is personally painful?" "Have I done something to better myself today?" "Have I looked carefully at myself and found one habit to work on changing?" "Have I been productive today or have I just been busy?" "If I was my boss would I pay me for today?" If you can honestly say that you are willing to change no matter how painful it is personally, you have done something to educate yourself each day, you have focused on changing one habit into something positive and you have been productive today then you are successful and you will be reaping the results for a long time to come.

Several years back when my kids were creeping up on the teen years and I started hearing more and more excuses for why things were not done, I realized that we all tend to make excuses for ourselves. They can be real and legitimate excuses sometimes, but they are all just excuses if we are not doing what must be done to get where we want to go. My main email address starts out with noexcuses. This reminds me every time I send an email that I should be focusing on what is important because excuses just won't get me there!

Old habits can be very hard to break but if you are serious about being successful you will take the necessary steps to break away from those old habits and make new lasting habits for success. Will you make excuses or will you do what it takes? Join me today in committing to a long and successful journey in working at home and finding success and fulfillment every day. No excuses will do!

Article Source: http://www.articlehighlight.com

Success Partner Banner



Most Recent Articles